* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CHP chapel services have resumed at HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood Tuesdays at 11am and Thursdays at 5pm.
Other hospital services remain suspended due to COVID-19.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Currently available for free download:
CHP Prayer Team Training Manual
Encountering Jesus Prayer Training
ILI Healing and Restoration Training/PowerPoints
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
OUR CHP MISSION is to unite medical care with compassionate healing prayer in hospital chapels.
OUR CHP VISION is to provide a haven in hospital chapels for staff, patients and their families, and the surrounding community to receive prayer for physical, emotional, and/or relational healing in the name of Jesus.
Christian Healing Prayer (CHP) in hospital chapels began in Texas on September 4, 2013 at St. Luke’s - The Woodlands Hospital. Inspired by a model started at the Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA by Abby Abildness, CHP has expanded to include several other hospital locations in the greater Houston area.* We are an interdenominational healing prayer ministry that prays for physical, emotional, and relational healing in the name of Jesus. Founded on the biblical truth that Jesus is the Word that was sent forth to heal us (Psalm 107:20), we partner hand in hand with the medical community to further a culture of faith through prayer in our hospitals.
CHP is a ministry of compassion, hope and restoration. Staffed entirely by prayer ministry volunteers (several of whom are ordained ministers) who have been selected by referral and interview, each member has received specific training for praying within the context of hospital chapels. Each CHP team gathers weekly in the chapel at 11 am to worship and prepare our hearts for ministry. At noon, we offer a 15-minute corporate worship service for hospital staff, patients and their families, and the greater community, followed by individual healing prayer in small groups. CHP services are broadcast over closed circuit TV to the patient rooms.
CHP honors the hosting hospitals, observing HIPAA regulations and confidentiality, and offers a safe haven for individuals and families to receive prayer. We have been privileged to see many manifestations of God’s healing power through changed lives and even some documented medical miracles. We also pray over written requests that come into the hospital through patients, staff, and visitors. CHP periodically offers Holy Communion as well as blessing and anointing the hands of our medical teams and staff.
*CHP locations in the greater Houston area:
- HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood - 22999 US-59 N, Kingwood, TX 77339 (Tuesdays at noon or Thursdays at 5pm; text Rozalie for more information at (832) 287-5057)
- St. Luke's - The Woodlands Hospital, 17200 St. Luke’s Way, The Woodlands, TX 77384 (Wednesdays at noon; text Jan for more information at 832.326.4756)
- St. Luke’s - The Vintage Hospital, 20171 Chasewood Park Drive, Houston, TX 77070 (Mondays at noon; text Jack for more information at 713.516.3443)
- Houston Methodist - The Woodlands Hospital, 17201 I-45 South, The Woodlands, TX 77385 (Fridays at noon; text Bill at 909.740.5927)
- Houston Methodist - Willowbrook Hospital, 18220 TX-249, Houston, TX 77070 (Tuesdays at noon; text Betty at 713.598.6741))
- Houston Methodist West Hospital, 18500 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77094 (Tuesdays at noon; this is an affiliate, modeled on CHP but staffed by the hospital’s own Spiritual Care team)
- FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CHP HOSPITAL MINISTRY, CONTACT JAN at email@example.com
The inaugural CHP service at the HCA Houston Healthcare in Kingwood, TX.
Leaders we trained in healing prayer at The Lighthouse Church in Kuwait January, 2015
Training prayer leaders in Mumbai, India, January 2018